Friday, April 1, 2016

Touched

Who are they?

You don't know them, Caitie…

Yes, but who are they? And why are they crying?

They are all the people whose lives you've touched. 

Me? I touched their lives? But how? There are so many of them!

They followed your battle. They read about you. They saw your pictures showing how courageous you are.

Are they friends of Mommy and Daddy?

Many of them, yes. And many more are strangers. 

If they are strangers, why are they crying? They don't know me. 

They do. They were there to see you button your clothes even when you were weak. They were there to see you obey your parents and doctors to take your medicines. They saw how you courageously withstood the pain of all the needles and tubes that had to be inserted in your little body to make you well. They watched in awe as you prayed with your family. They were joyous when you were able to get out of the hospital and spend time in the sun. They were inspired by your paintings and whenever you played with your toys, even on your hospital bed. They knew you loved Play Doh. 

Play Doh! Yes! And stamps! And rainbows!

Yes, darling. Stamps and rainbows. And they cheered you on. Every single day, Caitie. Every single time they read an update on how you were doing. 

They did all that for me??

Why yes, precious one. Some of them learned to pray because of you. Some of them learned about me because of you. You brought them closer to me. That's the most powerful gift you have given them. 

But how can they not know You? Everybody knows You! Everybody should, because You love them! You love everybody, right? The Bible tells me so! You love Mommy, Daddy, Ethan, and me. You love me more than most!

Yes, I do. And you have proven that to the many people who joined you in your journey. You have shown them that My love for all of you is true and infinite. 

What is infinite?

It means it has no limits. It means I love all of you forever. 

Yes! Mommy and Daddy told me. I miss them… Do they miss me…?

Of course, Caitie! They will miss you everyday for the rest of their lives. 

Oh no. They will be sad. Please tell them not to be sad. Please tell them to be happy. I'm happy!

Yes, they know that. You are no longer in pain. And that is very important to them, especially to your mom and dad. All they want is for you to be whole again. And I have made you whole again. 

Thank you. 

You're welcome, Caitie. 

Will they be alright?

In time, yes. They know you are with Me. They know you are safe and happy and free from disease. They will be sad for a while, but We will help them be happy again, okay? Let Us help your Mommy, your Daddy, Ethan, your family and all these people, okay?

Yes! I want to help them. But how?

We can keep you in their memories forever, your sweet smile, your laughter…

Hahaha! Yes! What else?

We can remind them that everything will be okay, that they should keep believing in Me and in each other, that they should also help each other get better. We can remind them to love each other more strongly and to make each day count. 

Yes! I love that. Mommy will help Daddy. Daddy will help Mommy. And then they will help Ethan. And then Ethan will help them, too! Right??

Yes, that's correct. They have each other. And they have Us, Caitie. We will always watch over them, okay?

Yes, We will! 

Do you want to tell them anything before we go?

Yes. I love you, Mommy. I love you, Daddy. I love you, Ethan. I love you, strangers. Okay. It's your turn…

My turn?

Yes! Tell them you love them. So they will know. 

I love you, Jayjay. I love you, Tine. I love you, Ethan. And all the people whose lives were touched by Caitie. 

They love You, too. 

I know. Shall We go?


Yes. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment